Choosing Right Rattan Furniture During Coronavirus Lockdown
The coronavirus – the pandemic that has affected the entire globe has brought a lockdown everywhere. Schools are closed, people are working from home and most of the businesses are shut. Social distancing is to be followed strictly. During these tough times, it is better to stay home and stay safe. We are here working towards making your dream home as beautiful as it could be. Rattan Garden Furniture Ltd. brings for all its customers its awesome range of rattan garden furniture right at their door steps.
Read on this article to understand how you can select the right rattan furniture for your outdoor space from the comfort of your home. We have an e catalogue of all our products. If you have any further questions, call us or drop us a mail. If you want to buy, place your order online, we will ship your order safely and following all safety protocols.
Read on to know how to choose the right rattan furniture for your space
Is rattan and wicker one and the same thing?
Rattan is a type of vine closely resembling Palm trees that grows in the jungles of South East Asia. It is resilient, sturdy and is suited to make furniture. Wicker on the other hand is not a material rather the weaving technique that is employed to make furniture from rattan, willow, bamboo etc.
Today, you will find furniture made from natural rattan as well as synthetic rattan. Synthetic rattan or HDPE rattan enjoys many advantages over the natural rattan- affordable, easy to maintain, can be left outdoors etc. and so UK homeowners prefer HDPE rattan.
Well, there are plenty of rattan garden furniture manufacturers all across UK but how do we are different and how you can choose the right furniture. Hey, you don’t need t come out of your homes to shop. You just stay safe and we will take care of the rest.
How to choose the best rattan furniture?
Don’t be fooled by the fact that all rattan is same. So here we share with you a checklist of how you can choose the best piece.
- See the images in the e-catalogue closely. If you think some more pictures are required, please ask for it.
- It should be UV stabilised as you are going to keep it outdoors for most part of the year.
- Choose cushion covers that can be removed and washed easily. Water and fire repellent cushion covers are also available.
- PE or HDPE rattan is the best to make furniture. They are also an eco friendly option and recycled easily. PU or PVC rattan is not mould resistant and so your furniture might get damaged.
- PVC rattan can be cheaper but it will not keep up for long. So better to invest in a product that is sturdy and would stay for long.
- Ask for the furniture frames. They should be made from aluminium as it won’t rest even when left outdoors.
- It’s important that you measure the garden space properly so that you could decide what furniture can you buy for the space.
- What purpose and functionality you want the furniture to serve? If you enjoy dining outside, you can consider fire pit dining sets; they are a fad these days
Rattan Furniture Maintenance
Rattan is a minimum maintenance furniture product given you purchase HDPE or PE rattan. Your dishwashing detergent and a bowl of warm water will do the work. Take a damp cloth. Apply this soapy mixture and then with a help of soft brush, remove any dirt if you find and then give it a gentle wash. It is important to leave them for sun drying for atleast 3 to 4 hours. You can even use a hair dryer for quick drying in case you’re expecting some guests in the evening.
So, this is how you can look for your rattan furniture even in the lockdown period. Should there be any questions or query, feel free to call us. Our design experts are there to help you. Don’t worry about the shipping. Our drivers are equipped with PPE its, sanitizers to ensure that you get all your purchase fast, safe and FREE!. Yes we are offering free shipping on all orders!